At Rest
Home The Family of Marie Tracing Our Family Roots Fetterman Pics Centralia PA Remembered Back to fettermans.org


George Wilmer Fetterman
July 6, 1892 - December 9, 1972
Mildred E. Ziegler Fetterman
April 1891 - February 7, 1959

Adam Wilson Fetterman
December 22, 1878 - June 11, 1961
Almeda L. Scott Fetterman
August 12, 1887 - March 7, 1972

St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery, Numidia, PA

George Wilmer & Mildred E. Fetterman and A. Wilson and Meda L. Fetterman

George Wilmer and Adam Wilson were two sons of 11 children born to Sarah Bittner and David Fetterman, a farmer from Locust Township, Columbia County, PA.

According to the census images, George married Mildred about 1917 when he was 25, and she was 26. This was a second marriage for Mildred. Her first marriage to Charles D. Jackson ended in divorce. Wilmer’s wife Mildred was the daughter of Araminta Jane Kline and Peter W. Ziegler of West Scott Township, Columbia County, PA. In 1920, they were renting a home next to Mildred’s parents in Scott Township, Columbia County, PA. At this time, he was working as a laborer for a steam railroad. By 1930, George and Mildred were living with her widowed father in Scott Township, and George was working as a laborer in a car shop. No children were born of this marriage.

Prior to his death, George had retired 15 years earlier from American Car & Foundry where he practiced the trade of carpentry. According to his obituary, he was married twice more. The name of his second wife was not published although the names of his step-daughters from this marriage were included. His widow was listed as the former Minnie LaBar (Meda’s sister), and seven step-children of this marriage were listed although their names were not published. George was buried on December 13, 1972.

Adam Wilson married Almeda, daughter of Ellen Keller and Edward K. Scott of Lake Township, Luzerne County, PA, on March 17, 1908 in the Christian Church Parsonage, Westmore, PA. In 1910, Wilson and Media were living in Dorranceton Borough, Luzerne County, PA, where they were renting a home, and Wilson was working as a wagon driver for a tin factory. In 1920, they were living in Lake Township, Luzerne County, PA. They were renting a home and Wilson was working as a laborer in a lumber works. Two children were born of this marriage:

  • David E. (born March 30, 1910; died December 18, 1994); and
  • Minnie E. (born September 8, 1912; died November 5, 1988).

By 1930, Wilson and Meda were living in Locust Township, Columbia County, PA, where they had purchased a farm. In addition to their children, Wilson’s youngest brother, Pius E., was living with them and working on the farm. Wilson and Meda were both members of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Numidia, and Meda was also a member of the VFW Auxiliary, Harman-Allen Post 8306, Catawissa.

Picture of headstone was taken on June 27, 2003.